How Leaders Can Embrace the Gig Mindset
What is the core idea?
Gig-mindset people are a breed of employees who can challenge traditional thinking and ways of working. In volatile times, this aids the organization to be more resilient and successful eventually.
Those who possess the Gig Mindset are innovators and disruptors and hold the key to the future—provided leaders learn how to nurture them and their ways of working.
We will explore this theme through a month-long learning programme.
What is the learning programme about?
The idea of a Gig Mindset has wider implications for society, the future of work, and the forces of digitisation.
Having a digital transformation strategy is not enough. Leaders need allies—the innovators and disruptors, the Gig Mindset people—who will make the strategy work. Therefore, leaders must search for new ways to work.
This learning programme combines perspectives from the world of thought and research and the world of practice—and how they apply to the Indian context.
Starting April 27, Founding Fuel will collaborate with Jane McConnell, global researcher, analyst and thought leader, based out of France, for a month-long learning project on the Gig Mindset. Her work on the theme includes a decade-long research on Organisations in the Digital Age and her book The Gig Mindset Advantage, will be published in May 2021.
What does this learning programme include?
As a member of the Founding Fuel community, you will gain access to a rich, thought-provoking and integrated package. It has five components, that lead up to the Masterclass on May 24:
- Understand the concept and the research behind it | Read: A powerful essay by Jane McConnell that explores what lies behind the Gig Mindset phenomenon—and how leaders must encourage gig-mindsetters inside their firms.
- A deeper dive into the phenomena | Listen: Kavi Arasu, Founding Fuel’s Director — Learning & Change in a live, interactive conversation with Jane to explore her work on the Gig Mindset. This will be on Clubhouse, May 10, 8 PM (A recording will be made available for our community).
- Understand Gig Mindset in practice—and the leaders’ role in enabling it | Listen: Jane will be in conversation with two Gig Mindsetters, Sophie Criquelion, catalyst for diversity and inclusion at Decathlon Belgium and Ravi Sinha, HR manager, Decathlon India. On Clubhouse, May 19, 8 PM. (This chat will also be recorded for those who are unable to attend).
- Turn the lens inward—where are you on this new way of working and leading your organisation into the future | Participate: The first 150 registrants to this special Founding Fuel learning programme get to immediately participate in a self-assessment Gig Mindset survey and also gain exclusive access to a report.
- The implications of embracing the Gig Mindset for businesses here in India | Watch: All of this will culminate in a live Masterclass with Jane, Ravi Venkatesan, senior business leader, board member and author and Santosh Desai, CEO, Future Brands, columnist and author, anchored by Kavi Arasu, On LinkedIn Live, May 24, 6:30 PM to 8 PM.
- Meet fellow gig-mindsetters: Exchange notes with other participants on a closed LinkedIn group
Register here to gain access to the entire series, including exclusive invitations to the Masterclass and the Clubhouse chats to engage with the author and other special guests, and access to special newsletters/curated content on the theme. Limited seats available.